Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tail Feathers

I'm out of the comments section and in as a contributor.

The girls are growing tail feathers. Especially Chicken One and Chicken Two. Little round fans of tail feathers.

I don't think there's actually anything wrong with Chicken Four. The fuzz is filling in under her wings. I think she's just a day or two younger than the others.

We had all four of them out in the garden last night. I was weeding the front beds and the chicks were pecking all around me. Chicken One and Chicken Two are definitely the leaders. They pecked their way across the garden, with Chicken Three and Chicken Four following slowly. Chicken Four kept falling asleep standing up. Again, I thinks she's younger than the others.

But they're already starting in on one of their jobs; two of them pooped in the garden last night. Great fertilizer.

They are four happy little chickens! (And still very cute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment